Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Laws of Grave-ity: Rules and rewards of the game

How hard can a blog post be ? This post and the next few on this topic have spent a year and half cooking in my mind and I'm still not clear on the flow of the thoughts.

In any game, there are two important factors to know beforehand - the rules of the game and the rewards of the game. After all, the rules of the game are required to win the game, and there is no point in trying extra hard to win, if there is no point in winning.

What about the game of Life ? Aren't there rules ? If we think of death as an examination, what lies beyond and what makes me pass ? What should I do to ensure that I pass ? What do I get when I pass ?

I'd have thought it is but natural to understand the meaning and process of death. Curiously, it isn't the case. There is a strange amnesia on this. People want to go to heaven, but they don't want to die. People don't think they can die in near future, while most people who die, never thought they would die a few hours before they did. Even more funny - people are so scared about dying that they commit suicide.

There is no point in doing anything that doesn't help me pass the exam. No point in becoming obscenely rich, no point in becoming obscenely poor either, no point in climbing Mount Everest, no point in going on a trek either, or for that matter keeping myself healthy, as long as it has nothing to do with passing the exam.

Because it doesn't matter ... whatever you do, you can't get out of here alive.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home